open carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: open carry

KTrange Contributor Dillypwacker's Avatar
    Pocket I would honestly love to see that happen. I'd bet people back away like you just let the biggest wettest fart. hahahaha That's great.
    damn this snow is cold.

KTrange Contributor
    They move away, but instead of the "offended" look on their faces it is the "horrified/frightened" look, which is far better.

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

To answer the original question, I'm with Bladen in that I wouldn't open carry, period. Might as well wear a sign telling perps "Take me out first."

Joseph
    Kel-Tec P-3AT (2G)
    Taurus PT-145
    Colt 1917

"If a gun makes you feel nine feet tall and invulnerable, you're better off unarmed." - Lazarus Long

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

I dont think open carry is smart. If you are going to open carry then you had better learn some kind of fighting skills just in case you have to fight off a bad guy or all the chicks your gun will attract. Now i do think there is a time and place for open carry. Someone like Surv, and Tucson who live in the wild wild west may like said above go to a rodeo or a BBQ or something like that. It not only serves a purpose but its a fashion accessory. Personally I wouldn't do it. No matter what. I think surv and Tuscon can get away with it more because it fits their Style. lol
    damn this snow is cold.

I wouldnt open carry either. I just thought the question was what would you carry if you were carrying open. Oh well. Hey Pocketgun, did the ticket clerk seem to know what to do? Last time I declared two Glock hand guns of mine they asked for a supervisor. John Wayne airport in Orange county. I love it.
    An unarmed citizenry is a defeated one!

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpAmerica
    I wouldnt open carry either. I just thought the question was what would you carry if you were carrying open.
    Well in that case it would be my matched pair of Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers!

Joseph
    Kel-Tec P-3AT (2G)
    Taurus PT-145
    Colt 1917

"If a gun makes you feel nine feet tall and invulnerable, you're better off unarmed." - Lazarus Long

KTrange Contributor

Re:

I wouldnt open carry either. I just thought the question was what would you carry if you were carrying open. Oh well. Hey Pocketgun, did the ticket clerk seem to know what to do? Last time I declared two Glock hand guns of mine they asked for a supervisor. John Wayne airport in Orange county. I love it.
    Kinda. Kept insisting that the bag had to have the weapons check paper on the outside. I told her it was a direct violation of federal law to do that. Eventually, TSA came over and told me the same thing. I told this guy he needed more training and let it go - it was his way or leave the weapons in the PRK.

I was right BTW, those two idiots didn't know what they were doing. Next time I will print out the TSA and airline rules before I leave, and shove them up their noses if they try and argue.

Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

KTrange Contributor

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I wouldnt open carry either. I just thought the question was what would you carry if you were carrying open.
    Well in that case it would be my matched pair of Colt 1851 Navy Revolvers!

Joseph
    indeed, in that case i would probably go old west gunslinger w/ a pair of blued ruger .357 in 6", 6-shot...

had an old timey photo taken w/ a revolver and lever action rifle a while back, i think it looks pretty damn good on me IMO

So i guess i should stop beating around the bush and answer the question at hand. If i could open carry what would it be. hmmmmmm. Desert eagle .50ae with out the ankle holster Lets face it the element of surprise is gone why not scare the shit out of them with one big ass gun? Or maybe a Taurus Raging bull 454 casual 8'' barrel of course.
    damn this snow is cold.

I prefer the more subtle Howitzer. Strap the old fashioned 12pound variety to my back with a modified hydraulic lift system for utilization and recoil stabilization assist. Man, an accidental discharge with that bad boy could ruin my back though. Humm. Let me reconsider this one.
    An unarmed citizenry is a defeated one!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored links