CMR put down big Wild Boar
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyle_Savant
  • 1 Post By Bootscraper
  • 1 Post By rickst01

Thread: CMR put down big Wild Boar

Junior KTranger

CMR put down big Wild Boar

I went in the Cypress Swamp to hunt a big Wild Boar I jumped several times while Bow Hunting. After wading thru the mid thigh deep water and checking islands with the wind in my face to no avail with the sun near setting, I made my way towards a ridge where a squirrel was barking.

As soon as I closed within 100 yards of the ridge, I heard a pack of hogs shuffling thru the leaves. I passed your n the half a dozen sows, as they were not very big and the shot would have been far on small moving targets. Then just like deer, here comes a big boar bringing up the rear. I raised the carbine and pulled it tightly into my shoulder, centered the 3x reticle on the trotting shoulder & squeezed the trigger!

The boar turned and ran into the woods. As I eased up onto the ridge, I could hear the sows talking, looked and they were around the boar laying down with his head up. I put another round into his neck and continued to put rounds into him as I approached to insure he was sown; those things scare me.
    I am pleased to have rid the deer woods of this dangerous beast, as it is where I take my kids hunting.

I was impressed that a nearly 100 yard lung shot made that big boy lay down. I was also impressed with the plain Jane Game Point 40 Grain Ammo. I loaded my KELTEC CMR with it because it feeds well with the cone type nose.

Bootscraper likes this.

Junior KTranger
    Great job Lyle! I've yet to connect but those CMR's are gnat's a$$ accurate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Lyle_Savant likes this.

Junior KTranger
    Awesome job. So is that boar! You're right...good riddance.
    Lyle_Savant likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

Junior KTranger
    We cut another one for the Spring Squirrel Season opener. We used a combination of rim fires: CMR-30, PMR-30, CZ-512 & 10-22; we probably dumped 60 rounds before going in after him in the thicket!
    CMR put down big Wild Boar-img_0763.jpg
    CMR put down big Wild Boar-img_0783.jpg
    CMR put down big Wild Boar-img_0772.jpg

Sponsored links