Kel-Tec Forum banner

Reassembly problem.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  KTWM 
#1 ·
I have finally gotten a chance to shoot my SU-16A and I love it. Breakdown for cleaning is very easy but putting it back together sometimes gets frustrating.

After putting the bolt assembly back together I have trouble getting the whole thing back into the receiver. It goes almost all the way in but then gets stuck. I usually have to take it out and try to put it in 4 or 5 times before it will slide in properly.

I'm sure that it is something simple that I just haven't caught onto yet. I alway get the rifle back together but it is getting me frustrated everytime I field strip it.

#6 ·
I think I figured it out.

piston rod -- I ignored the part in the book that said to put the rifle on it's right side while putting in the assembly. Gravity holds the piston rod out of the way. If I try to insert it with the rifle upright or on the left side the piston rod can wander out of the assembly catches on parts of the receiver.

I took it out and put it in about 10 times and when I had it on it's right side there was no problem. When not on it's right side it jams up.

If it isn't the piston rod I don't really care as long as it goes together without a headache.

#7 ·
it might be the cam pin catching on the edge of the reciever.

if you put the carrier in, and the bolt gets pushed back a little during insertion, the cam pin will twist a little and get in the way. You can reach in and push the bolt forward with your finger while holding the recoil spring tube to get the cam pin back where it should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.