Junior KTranger

P11 magazine rattle

So I purchased a P11 recently and realized that the magazine has a rattle after around 7 rounds are inserted. I contacted Kel-Tec in regards to this and the lady from customer service did send me a new magazine but it still has the same problem. The rep informed me that the manufacturer was working to resolve but this problem has been going on for several years it appears. I think everyone that has the problem should contact Kel-Tec so they are more inclined to get this fixed. I know that I can put something in the side of the magazine to offer temporary fix but I shouldn't have to do this to a brand new product. Had I known this I would have spent the extra money on a Ruger or another product. Also, if anyone knows of any other tricks to fix I would appreciate it. Thanks

KTrange Contributor corsairgunner's Avatar
    i had the same problem. if you carry full it doesnt rattle. it isnt a function issue so i never worried about it. mine always goes bang regardless of how many rounds are in the mag
    Totalitarianism didn't come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria . Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we hadcreeping gradualism Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.

I'm having the same issue with 3 mags.

KTRangePro
    i got one of the first p11 made and the mags rattle. i got several mags and they all can rattle. this is normal with p11 mags. there are several ways to fix it. one way is to insert a small screw driver in one of the mags hole and push down on a bullet. this reset the bullets in the mag and stops the rattle.
    frankmako

Junior KTranger
    I encountered this problem on all my p 11 mags finally solved it by getting a p9.

KTRangePro
    Take something like a pencil tip and stick it through one of the witness holes in the magazine and push on one of the bullets and the rattle will stop

Junior KTranger
    My 5906 mags do the same thing same mag only more capacity

I'm having the same issue with my magazine if I load more than 5 or 6 rounds. As you mention I did the "fix" by sticking a point into the side of the magazine, and I am disappointed that I have to do this to a brand new product. Good idea to call KelTec customer service for a new one - even if the mag does the same thing they will have at least one more customer providing feedback that there is still a problem.

Most any brand double stack mags have some rattles. Not just Kel Tec. A quick check at the S&W forum, The High Road and several others shows huge amounts of complaints about rattles.

It's kind of the nature of the beast.
    Rick
    Lifestyle: Biker

Ads