PMR-30 Ammo

Thread: PMR-30 Ammo

Junior KTranger

PMR-30 Ammo

New owner, anyone have experience, good or bad with Fiocchi ammo, I know it is not recommended, but have some I'd like to use up.

Max

I own a PMR-30 and unfortunately paid well over MSRP to get my hands on it. Keltec doesn't recommend using Fiocchi ammo for various reasons. Various PMR-30 owners have reported about a 70% success rate using Fiocchi ammo. I wont use it under any circumstances but you could probably use it up just to target practice. Just make sure you wear eye and ear protection when you shoot it. Rumor has it that it could spit more crap in your face than Chris Matthews does to his guests on Hardball.
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is research.” --Unknown

I should've wrote this in my first post to you but it doesn't matter.While my experience as a shooter of my PMR-30 is limited I have done everything possible to educate myself about the gun's characteristics. I have read everything I could find and watched virtually every video that anyone made in reviewing the gun.

Don't let anyone convince you that each gun has it's own personality when it comes to ammo. Semi-auto firearms are made to fire and reload in what amounts to micro-seconds.The only thing that stands in the way is you...the shooter.If you don't load the magazine properly you could get a "FTF". The least of your problems with inferior ammo would be a "FTE" (or stovepipe).Worse case scenario would be the gun blowing up in your face.If you don't know how to properly grip the gun when firing it wont matter what ammo you're using.New shooters frequently "limp-wrist" the gun when shooting which causes it to fail to eject properly.The reason Keltec recommends certain ammo for the PMR-30 is because of the force required to eject the spent cartridge properly.

Keltec has done extensive testing of various brands of ammo in the PMR-30 and Fiocchi was low on the totem pole.That is good enough for me.I don't want to risk my life using "range" ammunition.

Feel free to use anything that makes sense to you.You said you were a new owner but it was my assumption that you might be a new shooter so I would apologize in advance if I'm wrong.I am a new shooter so I take the learning process rather seriously.Load up on some good ammo because once you start shooting you wont want to stop.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." --Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism, to steal ideas from many is research.” --Unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    KeltecForum.com
    Advertisements

I use what they recommend. Lately, due to scarcity, I am loading and shooting what I can find,,,,and my pistol shoots, operates great with whatever I load!!!!!!
    Molon Labe

Hey Maximus.....Your Fiocchi ammo is either going to work or give you fits. It might require a thorough cleaning afterwards. Just don't be surprised if your gun smells like parmesan cheese after shooting that ammo.

I wouldn't put low octane gas in a muscle car or inferior ammo in my PMR. Wow, kinda rhymes doesn't it...

For the most part, I only use Hornady Critical Defense. I have used their V-MAX with pretty good success. Easiest way for me to think about it, is that almost all 22WMR ammo was designed for rifle use. CD was designed as. Pistol ammo. Hornady even lists the CD as the only 22 magnum pistol ammo.
    Steve
    Former Army Sgt

Junior KTranger
    Hornady Vmax no problem, CCI, no problem, Winchester no problem. This thing is a blast to shoot. couple hundred rounds down range so far.

Sponsored links