Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior KTranger

New Holster For My PF-9

I have been carrying my PF-9 in a Galco Pocket Holster since I picked it up a year ago and though it works great I prefer IWB. I love the Milt Sparks VM2 that I carry my Wilson Combat Professional in but dont want to wait for one. I was on my way to Houston and my son asked me to stop by Collectors Firearms to look for a Tucker Texas Heritage for his PF-9. They had no more Tuckers in stock but I did come across a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, made for a Kahr CW9 that fits it like a glove. I wore it to dinner with 6 colleagues and 2 Reserve Deputies. It is a tuckable style holster and I was careful to tuck in my golf style shirt, with a little blooming around the waist. No one made me, nor did anyone in the resturaunt. I have never tried one of the Comp-Tacs, before this one but it is very well made and comfortable to wear. It is also my first hybrid or kydex holster for that matter. I don't think it will be my last.

Here is the website picture of the holster. I will post one of mine when I get back home and can get my hands on my camera.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

KTrange Contributor
    Looks pretty nice. Please do follow up with the pics of yours. This might be a very nice option for some of us.
    Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

KTrange Contributor
    ... who's been preaching MTAC for over a year now? :P

Junior KTranger
    Ok here is the actual holster with the PF-9 in place of the CW9. It firs like a glove with no movement. I can turn it upside down and the gun remains in the holster until I give it a good shake. I have two retired LEO's working for me and they cannot even tell that I am packing.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Junior KTranger
    Nice, I have a Minotaur for my XDM and it even makes the full sized pistol pretty hard to detect. They are also much nicer in finish than similar competitors which cost about the same. The gunbelts from Comptac are really nice too. They make carrying a heavy weapon alot easier.

KTrange Contributor
    Wow, that looks great! I wonder if they will eventually make (or list that model) for use with the PF-9?
    Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

KTrange Contributor
    Looks nice !
    It also looks adjustable, Can it be converted to left handed?
    Nice photo also.

Junior KTranger

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by argo
    Looks nice !
    It also looks adjustable, Can it be converted to left handed?
    Nice photo also.
    Thank you!!

Judging by the way the Kydex shell is attached, about the only way it could be worn left handed, is if you wore it on the left side and adjusted it for a cross draw reverse tilt.

KTrange Contributor
    They come in left and right handed models. I ended up with one because they were one of few mfgs that made one for the XDm, and I fell in love with it. Finally convinced the store to start carrying them, so I'm somewhat of the "Comp-Tac" guru there now .

Junior KTranger

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by pocketgun
    Wow, that looks great! I wonder if they will eventually make (or list that model) for use with the PF-9?
    They DO make it for the PF9 now. Also, you can buy the kydex shells seperately so one can accomodate more than one gun. They are adjustable for cant and height of carry.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads