Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PF-9 Magazines?

Junior KTranger

PF-9 Magazines?

Does anyone know if the PF-9 uses a unique magazine or will it accept an existing design, say one of the S&W single stack mags from a 3900 series?

It would be nice if it was compatible with something already out there like the P-11 is.

KTrange Contributor
    It is unique to the PF-9 and made by Mec Gar.
    Former Member May 2005 - April 2011

norfdet
    does the pistol come with 1 or 2 magazines?

norfdet
    I read a fairly recent article by Masaad Ayoob where he stated that the reason that most semi-autos come with 1 magazine is becasue most CCW holders do not see the need to carry extra ammo. I guess my training makes me think and feel differently about that. I thought that it was just a cost saving feature on the manufacturers part of an unscrupulous firearms dealer on the other end. Either way it would be nice to see a Kel-Tec pistol that came with 2 mags,which would save me the trouble of hunting down another one. For some reason when I buy a Kel-Tec from a particuliar dealer they never seem to have extra Kel-Tec mags in stock.

On a side note, I just bought a NIB P32 for 100.00

KTrange Contributor
    Norf, I read something from Larry Seecamp where he cited a study that showed only a tiny percentage of self-defense shootings by armed citizens involved a magazine change. No doubt some of this is due to the close range at which the encounters take place. Of course, if no one carries a spare mag in the first place, it is pretty hard to make a change, and the tail wags the dog in the statistics.

Sweet deal on the P32 - 1G or 2G? Finish/grip?

edit to add: I think KT is very conscious of the street price for their pistols, and has a target range they think they can make the most profit at. A second mag would obviously increase this price, but may not have corresponding value to thrifty buyers who plan on throwng it in a drawer/glove box and forgeting it.

norfdet
    The P32 is a 1G and it is blue on black. I am giving it to my brother-in-law who is giving it to my sister. It was just being at the right place at the right time kind of deal.

Junior KTranger

Extra Mags.

I guess I've been lucky. The dealer I bought my P-32 and P-3AT from had extra magazines for both.

As noted, they increased the transaction cost by a noticable amount and might be a deal breaker for some buyers if the base purchase price were increased by that much.

I always carry an extra mag. Not because I think I'll need a reload in a confrontation but, if the original magazine is damaged or lost for any reason, I suddenly have a very awkward single shot pistol.

KTrange Contributor
    My problem with the extra mag is that I run out of pockets. Pistol goes in one pocket with just the holster - nothing else. I have to bring my keys, wallet, and cell phone as well. I don't like to carry anything in my back pockets if I am going to be sitting, and I don't want my keys scratching up my phone of my spare mag carrier (leather sleeve for K&D). I don't like looking like Batman with a utility belt of things clipped to my waisband if I can help it, either.

As a result, I usually end up with the spare mag on occasion, and only when I wear cargo shorts or pants, which is fairly often. Just laziness stops me then - I need to make more of an effort, I suppose.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by norfdet
    Great deal! I came across a few good deals on P-3ATs last year but not that good, especially when considering yours is new

Wilson - who’s a bit jealous

KTranger

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by norfdet
    I read a fairly recent article by Masaad Ayoob where he stated that the reason that most semi-autos come with 1 magazine is becasue most CCW holders do not see the need to carry extra ammo. I guess my training makes me think and feel differently about that. I thought that it was just a cost saving feature on the manufacturers part of an unscrupulous firearms dealer on the other end. Either way it would be nice to see a Kel-Tec pistol that came with 2 mags,which would save me the trouble of hunting down another one. For some reason when I buy a Kel-Tec from a particuliar dealer they never seem to have extra Kel-Tec mags in stock.

wow, who was holding whose gun to whose head on that deal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads