Junior KTranger

PROBLEM WITH P3AT

Went out for a little shooting today and had a great time. Took the little 380 out and pulled the trigger. 1st shot right on and then got a really big smilie. Un jammed the little fellow and pulled the trigger and snap. Trigger pulled but did not drop hammer. Racked the slide and snap with same results. Read on here some where about the pin behind the trigger and took a small screwdriver and pushed it bach up. Sthot fine for 50 or 60 rounds and packed up and went home. Now my question is, what is to stop this from happening if I need the little pocket pistol in an emergency. Kinda worries me. Can someone help me? Rick

If it were my pistol...

If it were my pistol, I wouldn't worry about it. Just take it shooting quite often. If you have no more malfunctions in the next 500 rounds, I would consider it good to go for self defense. If you have some more problems, send it back to KT, and they will make it good.

KTRangePro
    Put some Loctite around the pin so it doesn't loosen again.
    And keep an eye on it.

Bobo

Greetings, Gents,

Could someone post a photo of the pin in question, please? I have still not fired my own new P3AT, but would like to know, exactly, which pin I need to inspect. Many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Doc

look at your P3AT Owner's Manual.... part #253 - "Trigger Pin"

it is located in the hollow cavity on the back of the trigger itself, and extends vertically into the pistol....

I don't think that it is a major problem, or a really frequent one, although it has happened enough to be a potential "known issue" it would seem.
    ???

Morning, Surv,

Ahhh, now I see it! Many thanks. On my own trigger pin, it almost appears to have been glued into place. Is that possible? Also, from the parts diagram, it doesn't show whether this pin is secured into metal, or just plastic. Do you know which it is? If it's metal, then I would guess a small bit of blue LocTite would make the pin stay put. But, if it's plastic, I'd think you might have to glue it in place.

I'll keep an eye on mine, and see if it works loose, when I finally get time to shoot this little guy. Still need to get down the mountain for a selection of ammunition, and that isn't going to happen this week, unfortunately. Maybe next week...

One other question, please, as long as we're talking about the P3AT trigger. I have relatively small hands, and it's still a tight fit for my finger to fit into the trigger guard and access the trigger. The trigger "looks" like it's going to bite me, when I fire this little guy!! Does anyone ever smooth off the side edges and tip of the trigger on this little fellow? Looks like, if I just "break" the edges with a small file, or some fine emory paper, that might make the trigger more comfortable in shooting. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this on, Surv? Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark
    Does anyone ever smooth off the side edges and tip of the trigger on this little fellow? Looks like, if I just "break" the edges with a small file, or some fine emory paper, that might make the trigger more comfortable in shooting. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this on, Surv? Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    It's done frequently.
    One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... Oswald was a fag. - McManus
    Nolan Web Development
    Guitars and Synths.com

Like Midi said, a whole lot of folks work down the edges of the trigger to knock off what appears to be a sharp edge. I really never paid any attention to it as being uncomfortable. I also have relatively small hands... actually more like paws , kinda short fat fingers. I have found that only the finger tip in the trigger, with just the mid poinit of the pad of the finger tip joint fits me well. This keeps my finger from tangling with the trigger, but more importantly keeps me more on target and reduces (my) potential of pulling shots low to the right with the long trigger pull.
    ???

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark
    Could someone post a photo of the pin in question, please?
    Some good info here http://1bad69.com/keltec/triggerpin.htm

Wilson - who's an occasional Internet librarian

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson
    Wilson - who's an occasional Internet librarian
    We kinda figured with the support stockings and all.

Keys
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?"

Ads