Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wolf guns springs for P3AT

No! After 2 years of saying they are working on them, Wolf still does not make extra power recoil springs for the P3AT. It makes no sense, since they sell them for the P32/11/40 and the P3AT surely outsells them all combined by now.

Got a minute? Drop them an email and urge them to get with the program:

mail@gunsprings.com

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
    --Mark Twain

Out in the Woods in the middle of the USA
    I emailed them after reading this and received back a response that they would eventually, someday, they don't know when, would produce a spring for the P3AT.

Not to encouraging if you are waiting for one of them to be available. They gave me the impression that when they have run out of other things to do they would consider making one available for us.
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

Anyone else contact Wolf Springs? What kind of response did you get?
    KJ

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

Junior KTranger
    I sent them a email on 11/20 and they said:

Thank you for writing and for your suggestion to produce recoil springs for the Kek-Tec P3AT. We do have that pistol on our project list and fully intend to make replacement springs. As with most things in life, timing is a factor. Not timing for market introduction but timing as it relates to our production demands. At this time, production demands have forced us to delay R&D work for a bit. We fully appreciate the need in the marketplace for replacement springs for this Kel-Tec pistol and will strive to fill that need as soon as possible. Thank you again for your email and interest in our product line.

I am sure that they would like to have these in production as much as we want them, but they can only do so much. Just my 2 cents.

same message I got about a year ago.

oh well, I will keep using p32 springs .. not sure they do any good, but they make me feel better.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by sego
    I sent them a email on 11/20 and they said:

Thank you for writing and for your suggestion to produce recoil springs for the Kek-Tec P3AT. We do have that pistol on our project list and fully intend to make replacement springs. As with most things in life, timing is a factor. Not timing for market introduction but timing as it relates to our production demands. At this time, production demands have forced us to delay R&D work for a bit. We fully appreciate the need in the marketplace for replacement springs for this Kel-Tec pistol and will strive to fill that need as soon as possible. Thank you again for your email and interest in our product line.

I am sure that they would like to have these in production as much as we want them, but they can only do so much. Just my 2 cents.
    I too got the same "canned" email response.... Same response year to year... pretty lame if you ask me...

Why don't they just say it is not that important to us right now and we are not sure it will ever be important enough for us to do anything anytime soon...
    KJ

Junior KTranger

p32 springs

Do the P32 Wolff springs work in the P3AT? I've been thinking about ordering a Wolff spring for my P11, and would consider getting one at the same time for my new P3AT if the P32 spring works. There doesn't appear to be much difference, but I don't want to do something that is not recommended. Any experiences with this?
    Genuine American Infidel

all mine have them in them, and I know Wilson did an extensive test with them.

THey are not that much different in poundage, and in 2 of mine I see no negligable difference, but in one there definitely IS, if I put the stock springs (new or not), I get brass launched in orbit

If I use the wolff, I get a nice little pile off to the right.

can't explain it, but for 8.00, it was an ok investment.

and i order from wolff all the time, so I do not pay the extra shipping.

KTRangePro
    This thread is over three years old, but Wolff makes springs for the KT's, including the P3AT and PF9. Anyway, I find it interesting that for the P3AT, the factory spring is listed as 11#, but for the Ruger LCP, it is listed as 9#. The extra power springs go as high as 16# (I think for both) and they have a reduced strength for the P3AT. Well, I am interested (as always) in getting Wolff springs for my guns. Over at the LCP forum, 13# seems to be the early runner favorite, although the 11# is starting to become more popular.

What is the consensus for the KT's? I want a strong spring, but not if it affects reliability in the slightest. I don't want to put in Wolff extra strengths if it means that "limp wristing" will cause problems, because I need this thing to work ALWAYS and will batter the hell out of it if necessary. If I wear it out with normal use, KT will back it. But if I can delay this event and have a slightly easier shooting gun which is less likely to have hang-ups or delayed feedings, then I am interested in making the change. For the record, I have not experienced hang ups in the gun thus far.

The old country boys say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads