Kel-Tec Forum banner

Hammer Block/Reassembly?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  boomer47 
#1 ·
My P-3AT had a few ftfs with a very light firing pin indentation so I called KT and they sent a new hammer spring assy.
Got the pistol apart ok and did a small F&B while I was at it.
I didn't lose any springs, got the new hammer assy. installed and everything looks like the parts list but when I tried to get the receiver back into the grip it stopped just short of the rear hole lining up.
The hammer block was lying against the rear of the frame keeping the receiver hole about 1/8 inch higher that the frame hole.
I managed to use a very thin bladed screwdriver to push the block forward enough to get the receiver in position and put it all together again.
I loaded up a bunch of empty cases with dead primers and got good hits on them.(I live in town and the locals frown on me shooting live ammo out the door to check it out)
I've run a search here and looked back through 20 pages of posts and could not find anything about getting the hammer block in the right position when reassembling the pistol.
Is it normal to have to push the block forward to get it right or have I missed something somewhere?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.