Kel-Tec Forum banner

P-32 Reassembly

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  pocketgun 
#1 ·
What the hell? I am not very handy but I am having a helluva time getting my slide back onto the frame.

Been a long while since I took this thing apart and cleaned it but did so a couple of days ago. Now I can't get the damn thing back together. Any tips?

Wes
Fort Worth

#2 ·
recoil spring position

make sure the recoil spring guide rod goes freely thru the hole on the little retainer up front. Or, maybe did you lose the little retainer with the hole in it that fits in the slot up front on the slide? You need that retainer or the whole thing is wrong.
If the guide rod does not slide thru the hole in that retainer then the slide will not go on.

Also see this fine web site for all kinds of info on the Kel Tec line......

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/index.htm

Good Luck!

og

#3 ·
wmailhos,
Also make sure the guide rod is centered on the barrel lug... this is something that's gotta be done just right or a hammer wouldn't be enough to seat the slide.
Oh yeah... I've got a pretty annoyingly good memory. Aren't you an old-timer from Ktog? Your handle is telling me "yes". *)
Flyer
BTW, don't forget to make your "official" first post in the top thread of the Admin section.
F.

#4 ·
KTOG

hi, Flyer,
Wes posted same question at the other site (only his 4th post there) but nobody there told him about the recoil spring alignment. He has come to the right place for answers.

I don't post over there, but check there now and then just to see who's there. Of course, txCajun and yzguy are moderators over there and that's a big plus for them as maybe they can keep the place orderly. Flyer, it might make a good article how KTRange came into being, smileys, ramp mods, gnomes, and such :lol:

So, Wes, welcome to the KTRange and let us know how your P32 does, if it goes back together OK.

og

#5 ·
A "History of KTRange"... hmm. Interesting idea, oldgranpa! I'll give 'er a thinking over.
As for the guide rod alignment... it's sometimes easiest to align it if you press up on the springs/guide rod with your left thumb as you slide it onto the frame (in your right hand). This will help force the lug end of the rod into place. *)
Flyer

#6 ·
so how did you fix it???

well, wmailhosl, glad to know you got your P32 back together. (how do I know, you said so on the "other" forum, but didn't let us know)

so how did you fix it?? what exactly did you do to get the slide back on??

as we have said before, none of us on this site are "know it alls" and we enjoy learning from each other. So do us a favor and give us some feedback. That way we can help others with the same problem.

Just a thought.

og

#12 ·
Re: Spear??

Midiman said:
pocketgun said:
Aren't there Gnomes in this story?
Careful! You're dating yourself! (is that like... incest or something?)
My lurking days go back way before I started posting. :wink:

I must confess I had almost forgotten the name until og brought it up again.

oldgranpa said:
there was a famous gunzine writer in the story too, I think something like Spear, Speer, Queer, whatever.
I had a less-than-pleasant exchange with him recently on the Seecamp forum. Off to go drink some Kool-Aid... :)

#13 ·
Kick in the Rear by a Speir

pocketgun,

yes, that guy is a real dork!! :evil:

I wish we could have saved the thread on the "old" forum where Flyer really tore into him (in my defense, no less). We never heard from him again after that. Some things really are priceless.

og

#14 ·
Well, he didn't do anything particularly nasty to me - I just thought his response was pretty rude considering I didn't say anything he opposed and we had no "history".

Since he didn't respond when I returned the compliment, I can only assume he wasn't trying to start a flame war to begin with. It was really a non-event, but it did get me to do a little reading at his site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.