Kel-Tec Forum banner

Suppressors

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DocHolliday 
#1 ·
I live in the great State of Georgia where suppressors are legal for target. Does anyone know of and can provide contact info on quality providers for Kel Tec pistols? They sure save your ears.

#2 ·
They are legal in Ky too, the problem with the keltec is no one makes a longer threaded barrel for the P-11 and without a longer barrel it is impossible to thread the outside of the barrel and fit a suppressor. If you find one let me know as my Beretta and Makarov are both suppressed and all you can hear is the slide cycle and the brass hit the floor, makes it possible to shoot squirrels and possums in the yard without every neighbor calling the police lol coarse for a 22 the ole 2 litre bottle trick is just fine lol :) well tonight is spring ahead so off I go to bed!

#3 ·
Thanks very much. I probably need to replace the barrel with one that is threaded and longer. Anyone know a custom shop that can do this? AND an operation that sells the suppressors. Watch-out armadillos!

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing"

#5 · (Edited)
. . . Anyone know a custom shop that can do this? AND an operation that sells the suppressors. Watch-out armadillos!
Because there are so many other manufacturers who produce high quality suppressor host guns and have OEM or third party threaded barrels available, I don't believe anyone bothers to produce anything for Kel-Tec pistols.

Admittedly, suppressors appear to be available for the Kel-Tec PLR and, technically, that is a pistol. But, I have never seen anything for the rest of the Kel-Tec pistol line anywhere.

Sorry!

#4 ·
13-3114. Arizona manufactured firearms; regulation; definitions

A. Beginning October 1, 2010, a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in this state and that remains within the borders of this state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce and is not considered to have traveled in interstate commerce.

1. "Firearm accessory" means an item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but that is not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including telescopic or laser sights, magazines, flash suppressors, folding or aftermarket stocks and grips, speedloaders, ammunition carriers and lights for target illumination.

Just sayin.... :)

#6 ·
13-3114. Arizona manufactured firearms; regulation; definitions

A. Beginning October 1, 2010, a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in this state and that remains within the borders of this state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation . . .

Just sayin.... :)
So, is there a suppressed Ruger in your future, sir? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.