Junior KTranger

30 Rd. Magazine for PMR 30

What will happen to the magazines for the PMR30 is anybodys guess right now it seems after the end of this year. Discussions around assault rifles and magazine capacity. Will Kel-Tec issue new magazines for 10 rds? I purchased the gun because I wanted a hand gun with a lot of capacity and fun to shoot, and this one fit the bill perfectly, now the feds want to destroy my fun. Any suggestions???

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCap View Post
    What will happen to the magazines for the PMR30 is anybodys guess right now it seems after the end of this year. Discussions around assault rifles and magazine capacity. Will Kel-Tec issue new magazines for 10 rds? I purchased the gun because I wanted a hand gun with a lot of capacity and fun to shoot, and this one fit the bill perfectly, now the feds want to destroy my fun. Any suggestions???
    First do not panic, it will take them ages to get anything done. Secondly they seemed to be fixated on 30 rounds so Kel-Tec could just block off one , two or what ever number of rounds and sell it, then you remove the block. The handle has to stay the same length so the mag. length would remain the same. Magazine capacities are easy to change if desiged for more. I have a 10 round ar15 mag. that seemed long for 10 rounds so I took it apart and found I could modify and now it is a 20. It had a small block. You may have to replace the spring but some cleaver company like Wolff will see the opprotunity.

Junior KTranger
    Quote Originally Posted by nottelybill View Post
    First do not panic, it will take them ages to get anything done. Secondly they seemed to be fixated on 30 rounds so Kel-Tec could just block off one , two or what ever number of rounds and sell it, then you remove the block. The handle has to stay the same length so the mag. length would remain the same. Magazine capacities are easy to change if desiged for more. I have a 10 round ar15 mag. that seemed long for 10 rounds so I took it apart and found I could modify and now it is a 20. It had a small block. You may have to replace the spring but some cleaver company like Wolff will see the opprotunity.
    Well we certainly hope it will take ages but I don't think it will this time around. What you said about the mags is correct but it would still be nice if Kel-Tec would produce a 10 rounder. Probably in the works already. I'd also like to say that I own two 1911 .45s, a Smith 686, a Charter .44 Bulldog, a GSG .22lr, a Glock 9MM and just ordered a Springfield XD/S yet the PMR is the most fun of all to shoot and everyone who tries it says the same. Everyone loves the light weight, the 'just right' amount of recoil and the capacity. A real 'blast'. I'm very happy with it.

Ads