Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior KTranger

Indoor home bullet trap

Awhile ago the Amercan Shooter TV program had a segment on an indoor bullet trap that a person could use at home(basement,shop,etc.). I wasn't able to get the manufacturer name and couldn't find anything on the American Shooter website. Did anyone see this or have any info on it?
    Also has anyone tried to make one? Could it be made safely? How much noise(P-3AT,P-11) would go though a 6 in. insulated wall?(don't want to P/O any neighbors)
    "itsacjthing"
    Say ya to da U.P. eh!

Banned
    Yep, you can make bullet traps.
    If you're going to use it for anything larger than .22, it should be of 3/8 inch steel plate, and anything over 9mm 1/2 inch.
    I'll be danged if I can remember offhand where there are posted instructions... although it'd most likely be a project for a local welder.
    As for noise, well... you neighbors are GONNA notice anything over a faint pop and probably call the cops!
    I KNOW this to be true.
    Use in the basement and close all the doors and insulate the windows, maybe???
    Bullet traps aren't really that expensive... try www.cabelas.com and check. They usually have several varieties.
    Flyer

norfdet

Re: Indoor home bullet trap

Quote Originally Posted by itsacjthing
    Awhile ago the Amercan Shooter TV program had a segment on an indoor bullet trap that a person could use at home(basement,shop,etc.).
    And all this time I thought it was a TV, the dresser, the couch, office furniture......

Home bullet trap or not, aren't you still in violation of city ordinances about discharging firearms, if they apply in your city of course?

Regards, Keys 8)
    I warned him about that blind dog bourbon.

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?"

Banned
    Details, details... "We doan need no steenkin' details!"
    Flyer

Junior KTranger

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by KeysBear
    Home bullet trap or not, aren't you still in violation of city ordinances about discharging firearms, if they apply in your city of course?
    Yeeaah--I guess, if my home is in my city--silly me. Actually, I'm outside the city limits and if I remember right you can't discharge a weapon within 600 feet of an occupied dwelling...so would my dwelling have to be un-occupied?
    "itsacjthing"
    Say ya to da U.P. eh!

So, Flyer,
    Your official comment is "no comment" then.

Regards, Keys 8)

Won't you help KeysBear become an ex-patriate in Belize? Your small monthly donation will keep him stocked with Bacardi and hire a full time housekeeper.

Overheard in 2016: "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us again about freedom, what was it like?"

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by itsacjthing
    Yeeaah--I guess, if my home is in my city--silly me. Actually, I'm outside the city limits and if I remember right you can't discharge a weapon within 600 feet of an occupied dwelling...so would my dwelling have to be un-occupied?
    That's a good one - you'll have to stand outside and pull a string to pull the trigger.

Regards, Keys 8)

Junior KTranger
    Keysbear-I'm glad you got it, it was late and I'm not that great with humor!!
    I have to check with the local Law Enforcement-Thanks!
    "itsacjthing"
    Say ya to da U.P. eh!

Junior KTranger

Indoor home bullet trap

you can get the bullet trap at www.range-systems.com/inrange/Pro.cfm?CatID=62

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads